Monday, August 10, 2009

Sorry it has been so long. Everything has been crazy for the last couple weeks. Here is a quick update.

On Sunday, August 2nd we found out Zachy's shunt was again infected so we returned to Oahu for another couple weeks of surgeries and waiting. Right now all is good, Zach is taking down his antibiotics and healing. By next week sometime Zach should get his new shunt in, a little more waiting and then home, hopefully for longer than a day.

Mikaela and I are going back to Maui to work for a couple days and experience a "hurricane". Then we will be back to Oahu by Friday for another super exciting weekend at the hospital (can't wait).

Ciara and Glamma are staying on Oahu for those days. And thanks to Aunti Cari for coming over and being the best ever.

That's all the big news. Thanks for your prayers and everything else.

Other than that...
All is good we have great friends, awesome family and an even more amazing God.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That wee little one is sure a fighter and a person has to wonder what is God's plan. It will sure be a blessed day when he is home and you have life normal again. Then one day you will look back and see what all this prepared you for and isn't that what life is all about? I am praying all the time for you all. I know God picked just the right family for this little person.
Your friend in Christ Sharon

Karen said...

Thanks for the continuing updates. We mainlanders appreciate them a great deal, as we are always wondering how it's going. Baby Z is a strong boy and you have got to be proud of him for all he's enduring. You and Ciara, too. We are so proud of your faith and courage to walk through this--a parent's nightmare.You are some kind of amazing family!! We just continue to hold you up and love you all.
Joe and Karen

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear from you! Praying for healing and for you guys to come home as one happy family....REAL SOON

Susan, Chris, Nathan

Anonymous said...

We LOVE you 4 and are praying God's mighty power over and for you!

You are an amazing testimony to His strength......

love you,
Chris and Jill

Jonathon Loren said...

FOLLOW my blog

Anonymous said...

Michael, Ciara, Michaela and Zachy -boy,
We are lifting your sweet family up to our Lord and praying for strength, for healing, for no infections, for wisdom for the doctors and Michael and Ciara. Your love for the Lord ... your faith helps us to cope with the pain and suffering that you are having to endure. I wish that we could take some of it for you guys.. I can't imagine seeing my little child going through all he endures...we love you guys!!!
shelly and family

Kim said...

Dear Woodards,

Thank you for sharing your journey with us. In the midst of your trials I see the Lord shinning through your lives.Your little Mikeala is such a darling big sis! SMILES....as I enjoy your your photos. Love you and and pray for you! Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike, Ciara, Mikaela and Zachy boy and of course also the Gamma's and Grandpa's
I am still praying for you guys continuously I know He is giving you the strength and the courage that you display daily. God bless you richly and know that you are loved.
Lulu